Updated: Mar 20, 2020
We love saving money on healthy snacks. This recipe makes a basic batch of granola, which you can customize with your favorite add-ins. Enjoy!
Try this easy and simple recipe:
~2 cups Rolled Oats
~1/2 cup seeds
~1/2 cup nuts
~3/4 cup Maple Syrup
~3/4 cup Coconut Oil
~1 tsp Vanilla Extract
~1 tsp Salt (coarse texture for flavor pop!)
* Substitute honey for maple syrup, or brown sugar
** Optional ingredients:
dried berries, coconut flakes, flaxmeal, 1-2 TBSP nut butter, chocolate
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Mix dry ingredients
3) Mix wet ingredients (use *CLEAN* hands to mix for best results)
4) Cover baking sheet with parchment paper
5) Spread layer of granola batter and press firmly with spatula
(For more crispy and crunchy results, spread into thin layer and keep granola loose)
6) Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, remove and flip granola to other side for thorough baking, and place in oven again for another 15-20 minutes (until desired golden color).
7) Remove from oven, and let sit to cool before storing in air-tight container. (As the granola cools, it will bind together more.)
Once you perfect your own homemade granola recipe, you'll want to share it with everyone you know! Reuse an old container or jar, and fill it up with the gift of granola!